Amber is a beautiful, elegant and easy to use WordPress theme especially designed for mommy entrepreneurs and bloggers.
With its unique design and custom styling, it sets out to be one of the best girlish WordPress themes.
Amber brings lots of exciting features like:
- Unique live preview and customization technique.
- Unlimited color schemes.
- WooCommerce and EDD ready.
You can see full feature list of Amber from here.
Installing Amber Theme
First you need to purchase Amber theme. After purchasing the theme upload the .zip file and install the theme. For more details check out our previous post on how to install theme on WordPress.
When you install the theme, it is loaded with the sample content and your site exactly looks like a Demo site. Activate the theme.
Setting a Static Front Page
Amber uses Static Front page option for displaying the content and widgets of home page of your site.
- Go to Pages >> Add New. Create “Home” Page and publish it.
- Create another page “Blog” and publish it.
- Go to Settings >> Reading panel.
- Set Front page displays to a static page.
- Select Home front page and Blog as posts page and save the changes.
Once you setup the static front page, you can use Theme Customizer to update content and styling easily.
Amber comes with unique live customization feature which makes it easy to setup the content.
Setting up Site title, tagline and Header image
Enter the title and tagline of site that suits your business identity or add logo of your business in Header image section.
Setting up Theme layout and Background Settings
Amber has two layout options: Boxed and Full Width. Select the layout that perfectly suits your website. There is also an option to set background image or color with Boxed layout.
Setting up Color Scheme
Amber comes with unlimited color options. Select any color from color picker that suits your business identity.
Setting up Tap to Call Button
This is option is mainly designed for mobile devices. Enter the Call Button Text and phone number which will display on your mobile devices.
Setting up Home Slider
- Select image you want to add in your slider.
- Select the title and URL (optional).
Amber allows you to add maximum 5 images in slider to showcase your products.
Setting up Home Tagline
Enter the text or HTML tags that describes your business and to be displayed on the home page of your website.
Setting up Home Featured Settings
- Enter the section title defined under Home Featured Settings.
- Select the image under Home Feartured # area.
- Enter the title, Text/HTML, Button text and Button URL.
Amber allows you to add maximum 4 home featured area to showcase your services and products.
Setting up Footer widget and Footer text
Amber has three column Footer Widget section where you can add recent comments, about section and many more.
Enter the copyright text in the Footer text section.
Setting up WooCommerce store
- Install and activate the WooCommerce plugin.
- Install all the WooCommerce pages.
- Now go to theme customizer and enter the title, number of products and product category (optional).
Setting up EDD Front Page
- Install and activate the Easy Digital Downloads plugin.
- Go to Shop page into Pages option and select template as Store.
- Now, go to Easy Digital Downloads in Customizer.
- Enable/Disable Show featured products on Front page option and enter the Title, number of products to display and store item count.
Once you’re done click on Save and Publish Button.
If you’ve got any queries related to theme or above article, feel free to ask via our support forum or comment section below.