Developing a website on local host is very quick and fast process. Once you finished the development, next step is to move the site live. Moving your website might be stressful and challenging task, but doesn’t need to be.
You can make this migration easier by using a WordPress plugin. Not only localhost, you can also use these plugins to move a site from one server to another.
Best Plugins to move WordPress website
Here is a list of 7 best plugins that will help you to move WordPress website from one location to another location.
1. WP Clone By WP Academy
WP clone enables you to move WordPress website to another domain or other hosting server. If you want to move WordPress website to or from localhost then WP clone is best option for you.
Features of WP Clone
- Let you create copies of your site for development or testing purpose.
- Backup your website. Doesn’t create backup of WordPress system files and hence reducing uploading time.
- Ensures you complete security of your WordPress website.
- Feature that is right out of box is that it is compatible with almost all hosts that supports WordPress.
Get WP Clone by WP Academy
Duplicator is a popular cloning tool for WordPress. The plugin allows you to duplicate, clone, backup, transfer and move WordPress website from one domain to another. The plugin requires average technical knowledge.
The complete process of moving your website from one location to another is uncomplicated and once you do this you won’t face any problem in future.
Features of Duplicator
- Made for developers as they can test and validate the production site onto their local machine.
- Creates an installer file with the archive file of your website. The installer is ran and copy your website into another location.
- Create Backup of your website.
3. WordPress Move
WordPress Move is another popular and easy to use migrating plugins for WordPress. The plugin lets you change the domain name and migrate your installation to another server.
The plugin also allows you to move your database and create backups of your installation. With WordPress Move, you can move WordPress website without hassle.
It is recommended to create backup of your WordPress website before migrating it.
Get WordPress Move
4. WP Migrate DB
WP Migrate DB is a handy plugin which exports your database, does find and replace on URLs and paths and then allows you to save it to your computer.
Features of WP Migrate DB
- Perfect for developers who want to update their local install with fresh data. This means you can easily pull your live database from your production site and replace it on local website or vice versa.
- WP Migrate DB comes in free and premium versions. Premium version is available at the starting pricing of $90.
Get WP Migrate DB (Free)
Get WP Migrate DB Pro
5. All-in-One WP Migration
All-in-one WP Migration is one of the best migration plugins which helps you to move WordPress website easily and quickly. With this plugin, you can easily export database, media, themes and plugin by single click.
All-in-one WP migration is an easy plugin I have ever used.
Features of All-in-One WP Migration
- Multisite compatible which lets you unlimited find and replace options on your database.
- Also fixes serialization problem.
- Offers true mobile experience on WordPress.
- Highly Customizable interface.
Get All-in-One WP Migration
BackupBuddy is an amazing premium plugin for WordPress developed by iTheme. The plugin comes with lot of features like full WordPress backup, migration/restoration and complete security.
It is one of most popular tool to move WordPress website from one location to another. You can move entire WordPress website including themes, plugins etc. to a live production site.
The plugin is not free. It is available at the starting price of $80.
The above mentioned plugins saves your time and easily move WordPress website from local host to live or vice versa. It is always recommended that before migrating your WordPress website always keep backup of your website.
If you’ve any suggestions, please leave a comment below.
Harsh Agrawal says:
Thanks Kriti, that was helpful. I’m using Duplicator plugin and it makes it easier to migrate.
Puneet Sahalot says:
Good to see you here
I have been using InfiniteWP and blogVault, these both work great!
Thank you for the info. I wanted to add that the All-in-one WP Migration website says the plugin is “Not yet Multisite compatible, Support for multisites is comming soon”